CHENEGA CORPORATION [or Subsidiary Name]
Company Job Title: Quality Control Manager-CM
Chenega Job Title: Program Manager III
Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance
Location: Chantilly, VA
Regular, Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
*THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARD Summary:
The Quality Control Manager (QCM
) (alternately referred to as the construction quality control or CQC) is responsible to implement and manage the Quality Control Program. The QCM
is required to perform the three phases of control, perform submittal review and approval, ensure testing is performed and provide QC certification and documentation required in this contract. The QCM
shall report to an officer in the firm and shall not be subordinate to the Superintendent or Project Manager. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable quality control standards, including, but not limited to ISO 9000, OSHA, USACE EM 385-1-1, and various design and construction standards.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of contract requirements regarding quality and safety.
- Interface with the SBU Quality and Safety Managers to ensure compliance with corporate quality and safety requirements.
- Prepare quality control reports as required.
- Reviews safety reports as required.
- Conduct Process/Product Quality Assurance (PPQA) activities such as objective evaluations of process activities, practices and work products.
- Conduct when necessary Root Cause Analyses on program/project issues resulting in negative or poor performance/product deliverables.
- Understand barriers to compliance and the ability to facilitate resolution of non-compliances.
- Have experience in evaluating measures for their potential effectiveness in managing ongoing work, and determining whether measures are being collected, analyzed, and used.
- Participate in management and technical reviews of services/products and identify quality and process concerns.
- Collect/process related experience to support future improvement of processes, quality, and process execution.
- Understand QA principles and practices, including setting quality goals and objectives, auditing, assessing process compliance, evaluating plans and software work products, assessing quality risks and issues, evaluating tradeoffs and balancing quality concerns against customer needs and project commitments.
- Develop and establish standardized engineering and business practices within the Work Environments.
- Have familiarity with quality principles and techniques, knowledge and experience in planning QA activities, conducting objective evaluations of activities and work products from management and the work force, reviewing plans and other work products
- Evaluate service/product requirements against plans and performance.
- Conduct on-site Quality Assurance Workmanship audits and Contractor Verification Testing processes.
- Maintain and track all Program Corrective Action Issues to closure.
- Conduct project/product performance trend analyses to identify potential and or real issues of poor product and or service.
- Assist in developing and implementing PPQA standards, procedures, processes, and policies.
- Review tailoring requests and waiver requests, make recommendations about alternatives, consult with process owners and Corporate QA as needed, and advise the Project Manager.
- Maintain the status of all tasks through regular meetings or correspondence with the program’s designated Supervisors, Key Personnel, and GTMs.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
- Supervisory responsibilities will be required for this position
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of earned Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Have completed the course entitle “Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors” and shall maintain a current course certificate.
- Be familiar with requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1, and experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance and sustainability.
- Have seven (7) years (within the last ten years) of combined experience as a Superintendent, Project Manager, or Project Engineer on similar size and type construction contract and at least five (5) years’ experience as a CQC.
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, OSHA, and USACE EM 385-1-1 standards
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
- Must write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Chantilly.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process