GHD has and exciting opportunity for a Capture Manager
to support our North America operations. Ideally, this positon would be based from one our California offices.
The Capture Manager will be responsible for leading the capture of new business opportunities related to GHD’s business growth areas and successfully managing capture teams through relevant opportunity qualification, capture and solution tasks. The Capture Manager will have complete responsibility, accountability, and authority for executing all relevant aspects of GHD’s capture process and will be responsible for the opportunity win. This individual shall work collaboratively with senior management, business unit, technical leads, business development, operational and proposal development personnel to advance opportunities in a disciplined manner through all respective capture, solution and proposal development phases, steps, and reviews.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead major complex multi-discipline capture efforts and implement disciplined processes and approaches for collection, interpretation and dissemination of information to develop and make informed recommendations on identified captures
- Assist with development of the pursuit strategy, determining customer needs and identifying strengths and weaknesses of GHD in pursuit of the opportunity
- Review bid opportunities and recommend Go/No Go decisions with supporting rationale
- Inform executive management on the status and issues with key pursuits
- Align market intelligence with win strategy
- Develop detail plans inclusive of opportunity summary, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements and intended assignments, project time- lines, risk analysis, return-on-investment analysis and cost of capture projections
- Recommend appropriate bid team resources
- Form winning industry teams based on domain knowledge, analysis of performance requirements, key personnel and past performance requirements and other considerations that may impact GHD’s win probability
- Properly identify all risk and develop clearly defined risk-mitigation techniques
- Identify and select the most appropriate team partners, when needed. Develop and negotiate SOW part of teaming agreements, statements of work, and subcontracts.
- Negotiate complex financial arrangements and participates in other facets of contract negotiations
- Appoint, supervise, and collaborate strategies with the Proposal Manager
- Properly communicate bid strategies to the proposal team and to management
- Provide primary input to the Proposal Manager for development of the Executive Summary and other key proposal summaries
- Continually analyze competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain advantage
- Thoroughly quality-check work performed by all team members
- Participate as an independent proposal evaluator in major proposals reviews
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude while leading the team throughout the life of the pursuit
- Involvement in industry activities such as conferences, speaking engagements and whitepapers
- BA/BS in Business or Technical fields with a minimum of 10 of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in all phases of business development from opportunity validation to capture
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex business captures and provide advance guidance for complex scope crossing multiple market sectors and regions
- Experience with similar A/E/C firms preferred
- Strong communication skills both written & oral
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills required with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Consistent personal ethics: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?About GHDAs one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Sacramento.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process