CHENEGA APPLIED SOLUTIONS
Company Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Ogden, UT
Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Sr. Network Engineer
performs network engineering tasks to design, implement and test Internet Protocol (IP) network solutions for LAN and WAN environments. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Interact with multiple DoD programs, engineers and application developers to design and implement solutions for IT and video related system architectures.
- Test and evaluate new products that satisfy customer requirements.
- Investigate new technology or approaches that improve system performance or reduce system costs.
- Develop engineering plans and work breakdown structures.
- Provide technical expertise on the integration of IT systems.
- Develop network requirements, specification preparation, test plans, deployment, and upgrade plans.
- Participate in the analysis, design, and test of new IP based equipment and configurations for new or existing networks.
- Propose upgrades to existing network architectures and configurations.
- Perform integration testing.
- Participate in management of network configurations.
- Conduct Tier III Operations and Maintenance support to identify severity of problems, determine corrective action, resolve technical problems, perform fault isolation and implement solutions.
- Remain current on LAN and WAN network product developments and improvements.
- Develop and execute test procedures for various network projects.
- Develop and deploy network traffic reporting tools.
- Proactively evaluate network performance and utilization trends.
- Troubleshoot and analyze network issues, failures and congestion.
- Respond to system problems on a 24 x 7 basis and take part in on-call rotation.
- Perform packet-level analysis with network protocol analyzer software tools.
- Manage effective inventory control of property and monitor system warrantee and support service programs to ensure maximum system uptime and availability.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma/GED and 4 years of relevant experience required
- CompTIA Security or Government approved equivalent.
- Current/Valid US driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Government approved equivalent a plus
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment.
- Speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Ability to travel
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Ogden.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process