College Profile: Halifax Community College
HCC strives to meet the diverse needs of our community by providing high-quality, accessible and affordable education and services for a rapidly changing and globally competitive marketplace.
Halifax Community College implements the open-door policy established by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges. This policy does not impose restrictive standards for admission to the college. However, it does not necessarily imply immediate admission to any curriculum.
In most programs, a placement test and a counseling interview are arranged. This process aids the students in evaluating their potential for success in the curriculum of their choice. When scores on the placement test indicate that a person is not academically ready for a particular program of study, the individual will be assisted in re-examining career aspirations.
HCC’s spring 2009 enrollment was 1,447 students compared to the 1,304 students who enrolled during the spring 2008 semester. The enrollment increase for the spring 2009 semester also exceeded the enrollment of 1,377 for the fall 2008 semester by 5 percent.
The 1,447 enrollment for the spring 2009 semester breaks down as follows:
73 percent - Halifax County; 20 percent - Northampton County; 7 percent other NC counties or out-of-state
65 percent full-time; 35 percent part-time
34 percent males; 66 percent females
69 percent enrolled in associate degree programs; 31 percent in diploma, certificate, or special programs.
252-536-7223 (financial aid)
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Halifax Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Office Management and Supervision.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Greenhouse Operations and Management.
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Electromechanical and Instrumentation and Maintenance Technologies/Technicians, Other.
- Small Engine Mechanics and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
- Medical Office Management/Administration.
Question and Answer about "Halifax Community College"
No questions found...